Katrina "KAT" Lloyd
COL Katrina E. Lloyd is a 1995 graduate of Grambling State University with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. She received her Master of Science in Nursing as a Family Nurse Practitioner in 2001 from Northwestern State University of Louisiana (NSULA). She has served as a Clinical Preceptor, for NSULA, since 2007 and Adjunct Faculty for the Nurse Practitioner program since 2012. In her spare time, she also works at a local urgent care facility.
In 1996, after 10 years of enlisted service as a traditional Guardsman in the Louisiana Army National Guard (LA ARNG) / U.S. Army, SGT Lloyd was commissioned, Second Lieutenant. COL Lloyd has served in various leadership positions throughout her career. Key assignments include: Youth Challenge Program Cadre and Instructor; Chief Clinical Nurse, 1/159th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital (MASH); Commander for 756th Area Support Medical Company (ASMC); Deputy Commander Clinical Services; Deputy Commander Administrative Services for the Louisiana State Medical Detachment; and Battalion Commander for 2/199th Regional Training Institute (RTI). Effective 1 NOV 2018, she became the Battalion Commander for the Louisiana State Medical Command and the full-time State Surgeon for the LA ARNG, while still serving as the Louisiana Medical Command Administrative Officer. COL Lloyd is the 1st African American and 1st Woman to hold any of the positions. She is the 1st Soldier appointed to simultaneously hold all three. She is only the 2nd African American Woman to earn the rank of COL /06 in the LA ARNG.
July 2019 COL Lloyd earned a Master of Strategic Studies from the U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, PA., making her the 1st African American Woman from the LA ARNG to receive an invitation and only the 4th Woman from the LA ARNG to graduate from the USAWC.
Her awards and decorations include the Meritorious Service Medal (2nd Oak Leaf Cluster), Army Commendation Medal, Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal (6 Oak Leaf Clusters), Meritorious Unit Commendation, Army Superior Unit Award, National Defense Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal (1 Campaign Star), Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon, North Atlantic Treaty Organization Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal with “M” Device and Silver Hourglass, Army Reserve Components Overseas Training Ribbon, and Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon with Numeral 2.
Professional and social affiliations include:
- 2020 Recipient, American Association of Nurse Practitioner State Award for Excellence
- England Economic & Industrial Development District Board of Commissioners
- Former Board Member with active associations in both the Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- National Guard Association of the United States
- Life Member of the Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.,
- The Links, Inc.,
- Northwestern State University Alumni Association
- Life Member of the Grambling State University Alumni Association.
- Civil Service Board Member, Rapides Parish, 2014 -2017 (board term)
- Board of Directors, Central Louisiana Arts Council, 2006 - 2009
- Alexandria – Pineville Mayoral Commission for Women, 2006 - 2010